SQUEAL!!!!!!!! I finished my scarf! Forget the ‘knitting projects’ section. This belongs at the beginning. 😉 I’m wearing it out tomorrow and here it is……
This was my first real attempt at weaving in the ends and I think I did okay. If it falls apart then obviously I still suck at it. This scarf was so easy to make and I loved knitting it. Maybe one day I could make some for charity?..once I get better at weaving in the ends. It would be great to make matching hats and scarves but I’m bad at making hats. I plan to get better very soon (see below).
Now onto serious business. I read the book Write it Down, Make it Happen a decade ago. It is one of my favorite books and it changed my life. I can’t say that about many books. This past week I wrote down some short term goals I would like to accomplish in my paper journal. I’ll share the not so personal ones here. When people are posting their resolutions for 2015, I’ll link back to this entry. I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. #1 I hate holidays. #2 Why not start NOW? I didn’t wait until January to stop eating red meat and pork. I wanted to start ASAP. #3 The stats show they don’t work. So why bother?
Here are my goals I’m starting now (with a couple left out):
- Have set hours. I’m going to try to stick to 5:30 to 3:30 with the hopes of eventually working 8 hours a day.
- Do 60% of my work before lunch.
- I’m going to be realistic with this one: Go to the free gym once a week. When it gets warmer, this goal will change. But for now I would like to walk 2-3 miles on the treadmill and if/when the gym is empty do weight lifting. (The gym is often empty – except in January. lol)
- Do my practicum 3 days a week – Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. 45 minutes a day.
- Finish my shawl.
- Finish my hat I’m “working flat”.
- Start a cardigan.
- Start fingerless gloves
- Make a hat in the round.
- Start an afghan using at least two different colors.
- Finish 35 books between now and December 2015. I would like to say read everyday but with everything going on that probably won’t happen. My practicum and other things are more important. I used to easily read 50 books a year.
- Stay on top of keeping their cage clean.
That is pretty much it. Now that I think about it I should probably include getting out of debt or some money goal. I’ll add that to my paper journal later.
Music for the week: Taylor Swift, Jessie J, Mary Lambert, Tristan Prettyman, Ellie Goulding, Ariana Grande, Lori McKenna, Train, Sia
I’m pleasantly surprised by Mary Lambert’s and Tristan Prettyman’s albums. I think Tristan said she recorded hers in TWO weeks. I was expecting something boring but it is pretty great. Taylor’s album had to grow on me. I’ve listened to it more than a dozen times. She spent two years on it. I was expecting something better. I would love if she did an acoustic version of 1989. (pleasepleaseplease) The acoustic snippets she included were damn good. The album is way too pop and I like pop.
TV for the week: Big Brother Australia, Army Wives, NBA basketball (yay! it’s back).
Movie of the week: none
Books of the week: Beyond Belief: My secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Hill & Lisa Pulitzer
Knitting projects of the week: Now that I’ve finished my scarf, I need to work on finishing my shawl. I want to start my cardigan but I have to buy the yarn first. The total cost of the yarn I want to use is about $30 (cheap by many people’s standards but not mine!)