The following is what I eat after being on Nutrisystem. I started at 142 pounds in May of 2015. I currently weigh 125. I stopped eating NS food around mid-September. Thoughts on cheat days are at the bottom of the post.
Breakfast (each bullet point is a different option)
- 3 slices of turkey bacon and a boiled egg
- 2 slices of Aunt Jemima french toast and a boiled egg
- 1 piece of Nonni’s biscotti and a boiled egg
- 100 calorie bag of mixed walnuts and almonds
- mini cheeseburger (by Smart Ones) with nonfat yogurt
- Zone perfect nutrition bar with nonfat yogurt
- Fiber one cinnamon coffee cake (90 calories)
- Special K or Kashi crackers
- chicken with broccoli or cabbage
- 1 Pepperidge Farm cookie
As you can see, I still need to find a dinner alternative. I just haven’t gotten around to it. Plus, chicken is so easy to cook. I can bake enough chicken for about two weeks, and I’m done with dinner.
Overall, I’m pleased with my menu. Although, I wish I could come up with more lunch alternatives, I can’t find much I like that would fit. On some days, I’m not in the mood for a bar, but I eat it anyway.
Re: cheat days
Where do I begin? Cheat days started out fine when it was only once a month, but Thanksgiving time destroyed me. I used not to get hungry eating the above diet. Now I crave ‘bad’ food. I’m currently working on that. I’m just trying to ignore my cravings and stick to my plan.
I won’t have random cheat days planned. My mom’s birthday is in January. I’m taking her out to eat. That will be a cheat day. My birthday will probably also be a cheat day. And any vacations* might include cheat days. That’s about it. So in a year, I plan on having less than seven cheat days.
*I try not to go on vacations where I have to eat out. Besides, I don’t go on a lot of vacations. In May, I’m going to a cabin with a full kitchen (in state or North Carolina) so I can bring my food. No excuse for a bunch of cheat days.