I finished reading The Power of 100! Kickstart Your Dreams, Build Momentum, and Discover Unlimited Possibility by Shaun King. The following is what I came up with while reading the book. My list is not finished. Btw, this might seem like a bucket list, but it isn’t supposed to be that way. I don’t want to spoil the book, but I will say these are the categories he came up with. I like them so I went with that. As far as the dates in parentheses go, that is a rough idea of when I would like to accomplish each. I have a physical health* problem that I’ve never blogged about (and maybe never will), and that is what makes it so hard to come up with when I want goals done. Some things won’t be able to be done within the next 2-3 years due to that. So I’ve tried to keep that in mind and be pragmatic as possible. Some things have no dates. Working on it.
*I think my mental health issues are well-documented. 😉
- Do a charity walk (by 2016)
- Join Peace Corps (by 2040)
- Donate 5% of my income to an animal related charity. (by 2016)
- Donate 5% of my income to a human related charity (by 2016)
- Help people become responsible citizens after they get out of prison.
Health & Fitness
- Go to the gym 3x a month. (by 2015)
- Maintain a healthy BMI (starting now to infinity)
- Take swimming lessons. (by 2018)
- Take tennis lessons. (by 2019)
- Master Pilates (by 2018)
- Take an online yoga class (2015)
- Do yoga at least 3 times a week. (2015)
Career & Finance
- No credit cards or credit card debt. (by 2020)
- Have a flexible job I like working from home (by 2017)
- Retire early from full-time work. (by 2035)
- Have an ER fund of $6000.00 (by 2020)
- Find a career mentor.
- Stop working and take a sabbatical for 3 months.
- Work less, take more time off (2016)
- Reduce work hours without compromising productivity. (Starting now)
- Find a career that doesn’t feel like work. (by 2021)
- Update resume. (2015)
- Shadow a social worker to learn about that job. (by 2018)
- Make at least $60,000 a year. (by 2025)
Spirit & Emotion
- Tap daily in the afternoon (starting now)
- Meditate each morning (starting now)
- Read everything I can about minimalism. (by 2015)
- Do a road trip from where I live to California. (by 2018)
- Vacation in Bora Bora. (by 2025)
- Vacation in Puerto Vallarta for a week. (by 2019 )
- Visit every continent in the world. (by 2035)
- Visit France.
- Visit Hawaii.
Friends and Family
- Go to Vegas with my mom. (by 2018)
- Be a friend to someone in need.
- Reconnect with my sister.
Accomplishments and Experience
- Finish the novel I started (by 2016)
- Re-learn how to play guitar. (by 2018)
- See Ellie Goulding in concert (by 2016)
- Take horseback riding lessons (by 2017)
- Attend a Spanish immersion school in Oaxaca, Mexico. (by 2021)
- Go to the U.S Open in NYC (by 2019)
- Attend the Grammy’s. (by 2020)
- Buy and/or build my dream house (by 2025)
- Change the oil myself in my car. (by 2016)
- Join Toastmasters ( by 2018)
Each year I want to write my main goals in my planner and focus on accomplishing them. At the beginning of the year, I will write action steps to complete the goal. When I finish my list, I’ll add it as a page at the top of this blog. I’m going now. I think I’m working late tonight.