Vegas in 3 days!!!
No work for 8 whole days!
I have my first cold in years right now. I think it started last Sunday. I also have a fever. Thanks to Amazon for delivering my medicine very quickly. I didn’t feel like getting dressed and leaving the house again. I expect to feel better by trip time. I think I got this cold by spraying air freshener twice in one week. I never do that. Does that make me allergic to air freshener? Anyway, I will never do that again. I know I’m sensitive to smells. Speaking of smells…yes I am concerned about the cigarette smoke in Vegas. Smoke gives me a headache but I’ll survive.
There’s Vegas and then there is life after Vegas. One is a sweet fantasy, the other is reality. I’ll blog a little about reality. After Vegas I need to focus on a few things (in no particular order) –
- Exercise – I have SAD and I hate the cold weather. Last winter I probably went out once every 10 days and that was because I had to. During the winter I really hibernate. For reasons I won’t get into right now, I can’t do much exercise inside the house. I can do sit ups etc. Apparently that is not enough. Ideally I would like to walk 8 miles a week and do weights once a week. But that involves leaving the house…so I need an alternative. It isn’t that cold now. As soon as I get back from Vegas, I will walk at least 6 miles a week but I don’t know what happens when it gets cold.
- My practicum. Passing the boards is good but now I have to make sure I know this stuff in real life. The only way to do it is through practice. I want to dedicate at least 30 minutes a day to this. I won’t feel confident about applying for jobs without really knowing the stuff.
- Work. I’m going to try and get everything done between the hours of 5:30AM and 3:30PM. That has worked the past 5 days. I need to continue that. Maybe one day I can have an eight hour day!
- Hobbies. Knitting and reading. I used to read a ton but now I’m working or tired. I would like to make it a priority to read each day. As far as knitting goes, I just want to learn new things. I have the basics down.
- Extra income. This could fall under “work”. I’m not sure what I plan to do. If my electric bill wasn’t so high during the winter there would be a small chance I could survive with one job. Sigh. I will probably go to another temp agency. Hopefully the next agency understands I want part-time work NOT full-time.
Doesn’t that sound boring? Back to life, back to reality. That’s enough to focus on when I get back. I have to have some kind of plan. There will be a Vegas let down for sure. Hopefully I will have great memories (and photos) of wonderful Las Vegas. I will definitely tweet while there. I’m not sure about blogging since I won’t have my laptop. I will post pics to my personal instagram. And I will have pics and words for days for this blog when I get back.
Music for the week: Ariana Grande, Melissa Etheridge, Audrey Assad, Britney Spears, Colbie Calliat, Sam Smith, Jason Mraz, Lori McKenna
TV for the week: Big Brother Australia, Homeland (season 3), Army Wives
Movie of the week: none yet
Books of the week: Still Alice by Lisa Genova <–now packed and ready to go!
Restaurants in Las Vegas: The Best for Less <——on my Kindle
Knitting projects of the week: I started my airplane project. I love easy, quick knitting. I wish the scarf could be wider but I only wanted to use one ball of yarn so I stuck to the pattern. I hope to have it finished by the time I get back from Vegas.
Bye. Next time I post I’ll be in Vegas or back from Vegas. 🙂 🙂 🙂