I’M OFFICIALLY GOING TO VEGAS. I meant to yell. 😉 I’m going from October 14 – Oct 17. As of right now, I’m 85% sure I’m going by myself but something could change with someone else. I’m staying in a hotel on the middle of the Strip. I’m staying at the Elara. It has great reviews on Trip Advisor.
- the location. It is right next to the mall and Planet Hollywood. It is also very close to Bellagio. If you get a high enough room (over floor 30), you can get a great view.
- NO casino in the hotel. YAY! I don’t plan on gambling at all but since I will be going into hotels with casinos…you never know.
- I’m staying in a 1 bedroom suite. It has a washer/dryer, whole kitchen and dishwasher. I don’t even have a washer or dishwasher at home! It is just like a condo.
- Most guests have to pay for wi-fi. WTF? I have never had to pay for wi-fi…not even in Mexico! Ugh. I”m pretty sure I’m not paying. According to a reviewer there is a business center with 4 computers and there is always a free computer. So if I really need info, I will probably go there. I’m planning on taking a tablet. Damn. There is a Starbucks in the hotel (a pro – maybe), maybe they have free wi-fi?? I doubt it. The hotel probably wouldn’t allow that.
- There is a possibility of getting a view of the parking lot. I have feet problems and can’t stay out all day so I will be spending some time in my room. PLEASE can I get a room with a view of the Strip?
Now I just have to pay for airfare. No biggie, right? ROFL.
Since the NBA playoffs took a little break -thanks- I watched movies. What a concept. I don’t usually blog in detail about movies but these films deserve a few words.
Enough Said: starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini and my favorite actress Catherine Keener. This movie is so cute. That is not a word I use often to describe movies I like. It is kind of predictable but I loved it. It is funny, well written etc. Definitely a must watch. You won’t regret it!
Bhutto: a documentary. IMDB describes it as….
A riveting documentary of the recently assassinated Benazir Bhutto, a polarizing figure in the Muslim world.
“Riveting” is right. Of course it was sad. The movie is also a good crash course in Pakistan history.
Twenty Feet From Stardom: Awesome film for music lovers. It won best documentary at the Oscars. I didn’t think it was that good. It is about background singers. If you are a fan of Darlene Love or my girl, Lisa Fischer, you need to watch this.
Frozen is up next. A lot of people loved this movie so I’m giving it a chance one day soon.
I’m exhausted. I’ve been getting up at 5AM everyday to work. Some days I see the results in working more than I’m supposed to and other days it’s like ‘why did I even bother?’ I don’t know. I need to make it work. Whatever. I also need to stop spending money. I have a sick dog, airfare to pay for and boards to pay for. WHY AM I SPENDING ANY EXTRA MONEY?