What did I do on my birthday? I brought myself a manual push lawnmower. I kid you not:

pushmowerThat looks a little fancier than mine. I got someone from craigslist to cut most of the grass but I was out of town (“camping”) so I couldn’t tell him exactly what to cut. Long story short, he cut 95% of what needed to be cut but the other 5% is what my landlord really wants cut. Of course! I went out today and tried to use it. It did okay but it stopped working half way. As I was putting it away, it starting working again. Great! I will probably finish it on tomorrow afternoon.


Good news: They fixed my laptop! It is like new. I’m so thankful. So if you ever drop your laptop, it doesn’t have to be over. I love my laptop. ๐Ÿ™‚

I came back from camping today. OMG, the cabin was so nice. I felt like I was cheating on my little cabin by being out there. I was in the middle of nowhere. You couldn’t even see my cabin from the road. It was a one bedroom cabin.



The housekeeper of the mansion lived there. She retired in 1984. I think she started in the ’20s. She wasn’t a slave (obviously?). They did have slaves on the plantation. I was hoping to be able to tour the slave quarters but they have employees living in most of the old slave quarters so no chance to tour. But I did see them from afar.

My favorite part was the small beach. (of course!)



I was there all by myself yesterday morning for an hour.

After the beach, I went to the farm:


This goat was excited to see a human. He probably wanted food. I told him to pose for me so he got up on the rock.

Peter the rabbit was my favorite. I even took a video of him. He was so cute. I have always wanted a rabbit.


More random photos:

bedroom in cabin

bedroom in cabin



I was there for two nights. My dog did not go. She wouldn’t get in the car. After she almost fell once, she is scared to get in the car. After I got there, I was relieved she didn’t come with me. The cabin was so far away from everything. I had to drive and park everywhere. So my dog would have just ended up staying in the cabin the whole time. Not fun.

I probably would go back there again – maybe once more. It is a cheaper alternative to the beach. Much of the year there is a week required stay though. That is expensive. But two nights and one day was good enough for me.

I gotta go. I really have to unpack. I will post pics once I’m done. I swear! ๐Ÿ˜‰


I got this flat iron hair straightener for my birthday. I can’t wait to use it. I will probably try it Sunday. I’m so busy with taking care of the house and the apartment plus working. I also got a mini Project Life kit and gym bag…That reminds me, I have to cancel my YMCA membership. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

2 thoughts on “Beautiful

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s