More pics from Oaxaca. Part I was underwhelming but here it is. First let me say…no one can say I didn’t live like the locals. I just ate at a place so far from tourist land. Another thing is before I came here I said to myself, “I don’t care how much my feet bother me, I’m going to walk and walk”. This evening it was so bad, I was limping. I will carry pain meds with me from now on even though I’m not planning on walking a lot tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day. 😦 I’m just going to revisit my favorite places.
Here are my purchases that I haven’t posted yet:
- A blouse. I brought it this morning and wore it for my dinner/evening stroll. I love it. $150 pesos
- a bookmark from a guy on the street $10 pesos
- wooden necklace from a clothing store. on sale $120 pesos
I probably won’t wear this much due to the way it is made. I shouldn’t have brought it. Purple is my weakness. $150 pesos
I was so relieved to finally find something with the name OAXACA on it. One is for my sister. The other might be for my mom. She has a choice between 2 souvenirs. heh $90 pesos a piece from a boutique kind of shop.
- 3 postcards from the famous Amate Books. $5.00 pesos a piece
- necklace from a woman outside of the Santo Domingo Church. Yes, I went in! It was awesome. Details later.
- 2013 calender. I can’t wait to hang that somewhere. Can’t remember the price. Handmade by someone in a neighbor city (like most of these items actually).
- a magnet cross for my mom. $50 pesos. From Amate books
- pair of earrings from a boutique $30 pesos
- a handmade bookmark. $10 pesos
- A vase. might be my mom’s. her choice. 🙂 from the Benito Juarez Market. What an experience! Mostly locals shop there. Can’t remember the price.
- a oaxaca keychain. $10 pesos from the Benito Juarez Market.
- shot glass. can’t remember price
- a bookmark. will probably place in my travel journal.
- at the very bottom are $1 peso coins
Saving the best for last…….
My favorite item! We have barely parted since I brought him yesterday morning. $200 pesos. nicely made.
I got some of everything I’d planned to buy which is a shock to me. My bank account is sad though. Oh well, I’m in for the night after being out walking all day. I may try to catch the presidential debate tonight. Will it be in Ingles? I doubt it.